OFF THE GRID | WHY HELLO BEAUTY

By Unknown - 4:25 PM

In a world where there's so much negativity online and offline, it's hard to find someone who's widely optimistic about everything that he/she sees. Luckily, there is still someone who's in love with the idea of inspiring others and keeping them motivated through life's ups and downs.

Why Hello Beauty is a website run by Emily Crawford where she merges her love for beauty and lifestyle blogging. She is such a ball of sunshine and never fails to inspire and motivate her followers with her quotes and her amazing content.

I got the chance to chit chat with her through this interview, and it turns out that beauty blogging is one of the best there is! Not only does she review beauty products but she also interviews people in the beauty industry to share with her readers as well. Sounds familiar? I think so too! <3

Let's get to know Emily better!


1. Hi Emily, I am super in love with your Instagram feed as well as you being a beauty blogger, where and why did you start a beauty blog?

Thank you so much Quinn, that's so lovely to hear! I started a small BlogSpot blog about three years ago under the title 'Pretty Material Things' and after awhile, I decided to get serious about this bloggin' thing and rebranded to Why Hello Beauty.

Originally I just loved having a purpose for buying new cosmetics because 'it's a new product to share on instagram or review for the blog!' haha! Now, I do try to vary my content on both my blog and social media between beauty and lifestyle as I feel there is a very close connection between the two for me. 


 2. Where do you get your inspirations from?

My inspiration comes from my friends, my followers, digital influencers, magazines and of course, celebrities. I often like to share product launches or upcoming brand releases with my followers that may not read the same mags or visit the same websites as me, so I can be a source of information to link to other people and things. I'm always one to share things I find that I love - I don't keep these things to myself and always provide credit/source where necessary :)


3. What do you think is the benefit of bloggers and online influencers in their pursuit of reaching out to their respective audiences?

I really enjoy sharing new products that my audience / followers may not have heard of as I myself love discovering new beauty products, tips and techniques and believe within the last few years, bloggers haven't been persuaded by cash/freebies for rave reviews as they once were supposedly. 

I believe the community of beauty bloggers are sincere in their reviews and if we get to discover new products + ranges through gifting and share this with our audience, and our reviews are sincere, that's a win all around - right? Who knows, one of my readers might try a product that I've reviewed and find it becomes his or her absolute HG beauty product!


4. Who are your favorite beauty bloggers and why? Is there someone you can say that really sparked your interest when it comes to blogging, makeup, etc.?

Hmmm, my favourite blogger is the stunning Emily Schuman of Cupcakes & Cashmere. Emily started off as a blogger several years back and now owns an empire; with books released, a personal clothing line and just recently, a nail polish collaboration with Formula X!

I also really adore Nicole Guerriro who vlogs on youtube, her personality just shines on camera and I always end up purchasing her recommendations.... opps!


5. What advice can you give to bloggers starting a beauty blog?

Just do it. Start with an idea in mind and after awhile, you will develop your sound/voice and begin to narrow down your niche and brand :)


 6. With that said, do you think starting a blog at this time will be too late? Especially now that there are a lot of bloggers out there.

Of course not! As a lovely friend of mine recently said 'If all the musicians stop making new music, what would we listen to?'....


 7. Do you think there is a level of empowerment found and achieved in wearing makeup?

Absolutely! If putting on a slick of lipstick and swirl of blush gives you that bit of extra confidence, go for it! I know myself that I feel a lot more confident to conquer the world when I look & feel great and what's the harm in that? I'm all for self love and empowerment and if what you love to do doesn't hurt anyone, you're onto a winner :)



It's so nice to talk to someone who also loves to interview people in the industry! I absolutely love Emily and how she inspires more people to do what they want and just be themselves. P.S. Have you seen her wedding photos? She is super gorgeous! Continue shining Emily, you are amazing! <3

Be sure to connect with Emily through Instagram @WhyHelloBeauty and be sure to visit her website and be inspired at Why Hello Beauty!

Til next time everybody!

Xoxo,

Quinn

Long Live!

  • Share:

You Might Also Like

1 comments

  1. THANK YOU so much for featuring me lovely, you've made my week! XO

    ReplyDelete