Dolores Haze - The Brand Everyone Needs to Know

By Unknown - 12:52 AM

It's always a pleasure to talk to great minds in the fashion industry. You always get shocked and get amazed with what they do, what they say, and what their collections say about them. My favorite chic collection is from Samantha Giordano, the designer behind the Dolores Haze collection. My heartbeat would always skip everytime I stay on their Instagram feed. There's always something to look forward to!

Dolores Haze is created by someone I consider as one of the geniuses in the fashion industry. It's absolutely breathtaking to see her 'cool-lection' in her website and through these amazing photographs that gives out the 60's style with a mix of "grunge, transcended into flirty dresses and separates with kittenish charm and a mix of school uniform prep."

Did I mention that this collection is a Sustainable Fashion collection? I didn't want to sound a miss know-it-all but this is just too amazing not to be shared. 


"The Fall '14 collection globally supports fair trade by sourcing printed textiles from small immigrant business owners overseas. Offering select styles in deadstock fabric allows for limited edition pieces. Benefiting the consumer and environment. Locally produced garments provide domestic jobs with fair labor and reduces carbon emissions."
Talk about fashion with a purpose! This just makes Samantha Giordano and Dolores Haze more admirable and worth looking up to. 

A better news to hear is that you'd have the chance to get to know her even better through our interview! Hurray! Thanks to Samantha who let me interview her. <3

This is such an honor to talk to a genius in the fashion industry, and be able to share her her thoughts and knowledge to us. Let's not waste more time so I guess let's start!

SAMANTHA GIORDANO
1.What is the inspiration for this collection? why did you pick that?
Each season I seek to the sentiment of nostalgia for inspiration. The Fall '14 collection was inspired by childhood memories of hunting with my father surrounded by traditional menswear textiles. I wanted to offset the dark wool tartans with a bold print. While visiting family in London I came across the Mother Mary print and knew it was the perfect addition. My Italian strict catholic grandmother worked in the fashion industry and the print is an homage to her. 


2.How do you see your line in the future?
In the future I hope to be selling globally in boutiques. Most importantly, I hope that Dolores Haze becomes an identifiable aesthetic. 


3.What does Dolores Haze have that other brands don't? How did you come up with the name?
Aside from sassy yet feminine girl that embodies Dolores Haze what truly sets the brand apart from other designers is a commitment to ethical and sustainable production. All of our clothes are produced in New York City where our garment workers receive health insurance and fair wages. We source locally and often use dead stock fabric providing customers with limited edition pieces. This benefits the environment by reducing carbon emissions and helps support our local economy. 


4.How did you get into Fashion Designing and What were you doing before fashion designing?
My interest in fashion design came when I landed my senior year internship on the design team at Nicole Miller. Later that summer while on vacation in Los Angeles I saw a shirt that I had hand dyed and embellished for sale at a boutique. It was such a cool feeling and from that point on I knew that I wanted to ultimately be a fashion designer. 
Prior to this I spent all of my time fencing for New York Fencers Club. Ultimately this lead me to a liberal arts education after being recruited to a DIV I . Throughout the summers I enrolled in courses at the Fashion Institute of Technology always knowing that ultimately I wanted to be a fashion designer.
5.What are the challenges you encountered?
I'm not sure if I can pin point just one challenge, starting an independent line is arduous. What has definitely stood out the most is sourcing fabric. 
6.Do you plan to showcase your brand in different countries in the future?
Yes, I would love the opportunity to show my brand in difference countries in the future! I hope to one day go to Asia!
7.How was it being an apprentice for Teen Vogue, W Magazine and other magazines you've worked in?
It was a great experience, where I learned a tremendous amount about the fashion world! I was always seeking to find new learning experiences in the industry, and the best part was I happened to have met some of my best friends while there!
8.What was the best advice you got in your career
Never think you know everything! 
9.What should we look forward in the future from Samantha Giordano?
More heartbreaker styles from Dolores Haze! 
10.What is your message to other aspiring Fashion Designers?
To be fashion designer, you need to be fully willing to make sacrifices in order to excel in this field. In addition, never stop putting yourself in situations where you can absorb new information- intern and take as many classes as possible!



I absolutely can't tell you how much HAPPINESS I have for being able to talk to her. If you've noticed, her collection is so bad-ass and cool that you's want to just take it of the rack and wear it immediately. Well for me that's the case, but I seriously think you guys think of the same thing.

As I'm writing this, I couldn't imagine how amazing it is to make this collection in NYC, you guys know how much I love that city right? Well, this collection is perfect for the city. #JustSaying

Anyways, I couldn't really wait long enough to see more of Samantha Giordano's collection and I hope her collection reaches the Philippines as well so I can strut around in Dolores Haze! Oh it makes me so excited with what the future will bring!

To be honest, I don't really say something like this, but Samantha Giordano have fueled the Dream Rocket to the moon. Okay, I don't really know if that meant something, but she totally inspired a part in me that I want to pursue. That is to help people through the one thing I'm quite good at, and that's through Fashion. At first I didn't know how I would help people through fashion because sometimes they might not be interested in it but this girl proved me wrong. I'm totally gonna be helping people in the future as well!

I hope you enjoyed this interview as much as I enjoyed doing it! :)

Again, thank you Samantha Giordano for everything and I hope we see each other someday as well as all the people I've interviewed! <3 You've totally inspired me and I'm looking forward to more of you!

Thank you so much for reading this! Til my next interview!

Xo,
Quinn
Long Live!


  • Share:

You Might Also Like

0 comments