OFF THE GRID: JEANNE GREY

By Unknown - 5:17 PM

Everyone on Instagram may have stumbled upon Jeanne Grey's Instagram account @thegreylayers. With more than 110,000 followers on the social media app, this stylish lady has captured the heart of her fans through her well-curated feed and unique sense of fashion as well as her perfectly gray hair that everyone is trying to pull off right now.

I totally fangirled a lot when I was given the opportunity to ask her questions and be able to know more about her life in the industry. It's no secret that Jeanne is one of my fashion icons when it comes to style. Hers is just well thought out and looks very much put-together.

As per usual, I am humbled that I got to talk to the lady who is at the top of her game right now in the fashion industry and taking New York by storm (#jealous), but right now you have to read her answers and get to know her even better. She's the nicest person and shows professionalism and maybe that's the reason why she's so successful. 

Ladies and gentlemen, let's get to know Jeanne Grey.

Fashion Career and Style


1. You're such a gorgeous gal and really at the top of your game right now, do you still remember the time when you were just starting out?

Thanks for the sweet note :) Of course! I will always remember those days because they're what brought me here in the present. 


2. What's a day in the life of Jeanne Grey? 

First thing's first: I brew my own matcha in the morning whilst answering emails and meeting with my assistant who helps me with my monthly to weekly to daily schedule of events, photoshoots, meetings, fittings, press previews to my trips. Then depending on what's in store that day, I normally head out around noon after my daily meeting with the team and start my shoots, brand meetings and previews. After 5 pm, usually the events roll in. I make a little appearance and then head back to my apartment to spend some me time with my bunny and boyfriend (aka my favorite time of the day.) At this point it's take out and Netflix from here til we pass out. I am as normal as can be minus all the work I have to do :)


3. You live in one of the best city in the world, what is your favorite thing about New York City?

My favorite part about the city is the people and how diverse the culture is. I love sitting at cafes and people watch all day. It's amazing how different we are from each other! 


4. You are a complete slasher, you are a stylist, creative director, marketing coordinator and many more, is there a secret to how you divide yourself with all the things you're doing?

I never actually had ever thought about this. Maybe it's because everything simply just flows when you love what you're doing. I never feel stressed, pressured or anxious. My work is my therapy as weird as it sounds.


5. You've got one of the most unique style ever, how do you come up with your #ootds, are there specific inspirations?

Thank you! I love weird and anything unordinary. I don't really have an inspiration for my outfits. If I did I would be dressed the same as everyone else (haha).  I love architecture, structures and shadows so I try and incorporate that within my style a lot!


6. Are there times when you just want to dress down? What do you usually wear during these times?

Of course! Tons of times :) I usually wear all black and white sneakers just to try and stay polished anyways!

Anything Goes

7. Where is your dream destination?

Morocco 


8. We're all different kinds of people, but I think we all have one thing in common, and that's eating. What is your favorite thing to eat?

I agree with you!  I eat everything but if I had to live off one something it would be ramen!


9. Are there other things you'd love to do aside from all the work you're doing right now?

I can't see myself doing anything else in life but this :) Although going to Africa and doing some social work is such a dream of mine :)


10. What songs are currently on your playlist?

Um, Justin Bieber's new album on repeat hello.


11. Do you have any celeb crushes?

Haha Chris Hemsworth


12. You are really inspiring, your posts, your outfits, everything. If there's one advice you can give to your fans and followers, what would that be?

Be Genuine and you'll get genuine responses. Don't waste yourself by being someone else. You're amazing!


...

Jeanne Grey is such an inspiration for me and I think I'm not the only one who look up to her style and personality. She's the epitome of a lady who is not afraid to show everyone who she is through her passion and that's what I admire so much about her. I can't wait to see what's next for her and I wish for her eternal success in the industry.

I also wish to see her as big as the big apple one day. You all know how much I love New York and that would just be a cherry on top. Thank you so much Jeanne for being an inspiration to many. You are fabulous!

And thank you lovely people for reading, til my next feature!

With Love,
q.

  • Share:

You Might Also Like

0 comments