OFF THE GRID | ELLERY LEE

By Unknown - 7:02 PM

With so many fashionable people on social media, it's so hard not to come across Ellery Lee's vlog and Instagram account. With her unique and perfectly matched outfits, this NYC based fashionista and vlogger is a definite miracle to the industry.

I got to ask her a few questions about her career in the fashion industry as well as random things so we can get to know her even better. 

"HELLO ELLE"


1. You've been working with a lot of fashion brands already, Is there still a fashion brand that you dream of working with in the future?

There are actually a few fashion brands that I dream of working with in the future. Growing up, my family and I always dressed in Tommy Hilfiger, so if I were to be working with them it would definitely be mind blowing. There are other big brands like Celine or All Saints that I would absolutely love to work with truly because I am amazed with the quality of their pieces as well as their style that coordinates well with mine.


2. Do you have a favorite place in NYC?

Oh my, there's absolutely so much hidden gem in NYC, but to choose one at the top of my head would have to be Soho area. Its super alive there with shopping, dinning, etc.


3. What's the best thing to do during weekends?

My favorite things to do on the weekends are catch up on emails, do some shoots for the blog, and of course relax and hang with friends if I have time (:


4. Any beauty tip you can share to your fans?

My main beauty tip is to just keep it simple. I love to keep my skincare scaled back and I mainly just use warm water to cleanse my face. Now and then I would use a clay mask form Boscia.


5. Where is your dream destination?

I am a huge fan of traveling as you may have seen on my YouTube. I love exploring so much, and to pick one place I think it would have to be Hawaii or somewhere tropical. I really want to be next to a beach right now with crystal clear water!


6. What top 3 song are currently topping your playlist?

The top 3 song on my playlist are: Hotline Bling- Amy Vachal, The Hills- The Weekend, and You Know You Like It- Aluna George


7. What inspiring quotation can you share to everyone wanting to succeed in the fashion industry like you? 

My fashion/ life tip is to never settle. With our generation, people do change and with fashion specifically, our styles do evolve and that just shows others that we are able to take risks to wear something different and be out of the box. I love changing my style from girly dresses to tomboy sweats. I'm not afraid to rock a color that is not really in my comfort zone. As a New Yorker, I obviously LOVE to wear black, but hey, I love to add other bold colors whenever I can to show my personality and taste for the world. Always remember, the word is your own runway.


8. What's your guilty pleasure?

My guilty pleasure would have to be ice cream all the way, green tea or pistachio ice cream in particular! Always in the mood for something cold :)


9. What's your finishing piece when there are days when you want to dress down?

I think my finishing piece would have to be comfortable shoes. I have been really into sneakers recently so some fashionable sneakers that are comfortable are the best way to go. Plus I walk around the city so much, comfortable shoes are a must! One of my ALL time favorite shoe brand is Miista!


10. What's the most valuable thing you've learned while working in the fashion industry?

The most valuable thing I've learned in the fashion industry is to always be true to yourself with your style and taste. Don't just collaborate with a brand just to collaborate. You have to truly like the companies' products to want to work with them. I have turned down multiple collaborations in the past because I don't think their pieces align well with my style unfortunately. I believe that if I collaborated with a brand that isn't my style, my viewers wont really like that. I think that at this point my viewers know my style and know the risks that I take. Its important to stay true to yourself, and if I'm true to myself, I'm true to my viewers and they trust me with my fashion tips and advice. 


...

Elle is someone who's to watch this year. This gorgeous gal with a passion for vlogging and has fresh ideas that can be contributed to the industry is truly remarkable. I can't wait to see her shine like the rest of you, my dear readers, this year.

Be sure to follow Elle on Instagram at @elleisalwayshere and check out her vlog at Ellery Lee!

Thank you so much Elle for this wonderful collaboration. I look forward to many of your amazing outfits. 

Til my next OFF THE GRID interview,

With Love,
q.

  • Share:

You Might Also Like

0 comments